For disposal of old paint, and other hazardous materials, please contact the Solid Waste Authority (S.W.A.C.O.) at (614) 871-5100 for a schedule of drop-off locations. S.W.A.C.O. will not accept:
- Appliances Tires Trash Propane tanks (over 20 lbs.),
- Improperly packaged needles and bulk medical waste
- Household Cleaners
- Latex paint (once dried, latex paint is not considered hazardous and can be disposed of in your bagged and tied trash)
- Always place used needles in a safe container.
- Buy a sharps container at the pharmacy or place needles in a hard plastic bottle (bleach, 2-Liter Pop) with screw top. ◦Seal the cap tightly using duct tape. Label the bottle "Danger. Needles Inside." Place the bottle in a tied trash bag and put it in a trash can.
Safe Disposal of illegal needles:
- Use an outdoor needle drop box.
Equitas Health (Short North)
1033 N. High St
Tuesdays: 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Saturdays: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Southeast, Inc. (Franklin Station)
524 W. Broad St, Suite B
Fridays: 8:30am – 12:30pm
24-hour Syringe Disposal Box
Located at the Franklin County Job and Family Services, East Opportunity Center
1055 Mount Vernon Avenue Columbus, Ohio 43203
Disposal Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Return used needles and get new ones at a needlesafe disposal exchange program.